Dual Wattage Travel Converter for camera, cell phone, hair dryer

Taking a cell phone, hair dryer, or camera to Europe? Plan to purchase a converter/adapter set. This device converts European electricity that runs at 220/240 volts to "American" 110/120 Volts electricity. Result - your appliance works in Europe. By the way, many hotels in Europe have hair dryers in the bathrooms.

Living in Dallas, I headed over to my local Fry's Electronics store. (www.frys.com). Before you go, check the wattage on your applicances so you can choose the right converter. They are based on wattage.

I settled on the Travel Smart by Conair 1875-watt international converter set. (www.conair.com). Dual wattage converters can be VERY heavy - but the Conair is relatively light.

Read the instructions before you go. There are details about which setting to use (LO or HI) based on the type of applicance and also DO NOT USE for.....lists. This set worked for us in France, Italy, and Switzerland with cell phones, cameras, and an 1875 watt hair dryer.

Don't worry if the European outlet looks like it accepts 3 prongs - it will accept your 2 pronged converter and work. Use the little northern European plug adapter if you encounter a recessed outlet.

Comments

  1. I wish I would of known this 10 years ago, I was a teenager not thinking about things like this. I even took my iron for clothes that easily gets wrinkled. This was an experience that I was never able to forget. Other then that, I always enjoy going to any part of Europe, especially Spain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are so welcome!

Popular posts from this blog

Scratchy throat?

Euro - USD - Euro - USD

Velib Paris