Float the River Aare

Tip of the day: Float the River Aare in Berne Switzerland
Ever since my Swiss "brother" Kurt, told me about floating down the River Aare in the summer, I was determined to experience this. As a long time swimmer and current master's swimmer, I love the water. I even talked my daughter into accompanying me. Kurt acted as cameraman for us.
In late July, you can see that we were the only (crazy) souls floating that day. The water was freezing. I don't even know what the temperature was, but it took your breath away upon entry. It was too cold for the Swiss to float, but for us "perhaps once in a lifetime Americans", we went for it.
See our little heads coming down the River? The gorgeous blue of the water? I can't wait to go back and experience this again - maybe next time all the way to downtown Berne in August. Too fun.

Your comments are welcome! I'd love to hear from you dear readers.

Comments

  1. Took your breath away was right.....
    I get cold just remembering that :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are so welcome!

Popular posts from this blog

Scratchy throat?

Velib Paris

Euro - USD - Euro - USD